Warren Real Estate Reopening Plan
Warren Real Estate has already begun designing a workspace layout and plan to maximize social distancing. Our priority is to keep you safe, while allowing you to do business. NYS reopening guidelines include ensuring physical distancing, protective equipment, hygiene and cleaning, communication, and screening. Below are the ways that we intend to address each requirement.
- Please schedule your time to be in the office to assure social distancing. Email your schedule and staff or managers will confirm. We are required to limit occupancy to 50% or less at all times.
- Please continue to work from home as much as possible.
- Refrain from working together in confined spaces. If you need to meet with fellow agents, use a conference room and limit attendance to permit 6’ or more distancing.
- To promote physical distancing, there will be markers around common areas and staff desks. We ask you to respect these boundaries.
- When staff are not able to be distanced, they will be reassigned different work spaces.
- Face masks must be worn in confined spaces when others are present. You can work in individual offices mask free as long as there is no one in the office with you.
- If you have been exposed to COVID 19 or are experiencing symptoms you must quarantine for 14 days or be tested and bring proof of negative results.
- Warren sales meetings, trainings, etc. will continue to be held via Zoom for the foreseeable future.
- We miss seeing your faces. We will look for opportunities that we can be socially distanced and in-person soon
- All group activities, including open house extravaganza and our traditional summer clam bake, are on hold pending further guidance on public and group gatherings from the State.
- The front desks are protected by plexi-glass guards.
- Warren is providing masks for staff and management use. Most of you have face masks already, but if you are unable to find ones for your own use and you need masks, please notify Norma Jayne, Operations manager. email@example.com
- Warren has purchased a limited supply of facemasks and gloves for clients that come in without a mask.
- There are plexi-glass guards at the front desk, and to promote physical distancing, there will be markers around common areas and staff desks. Face masks must be worn in confined spaces when others are present. You can work in individual offices mask free as long as there is no one in the office with you.
- Staff have multiple reusable face masks to allow for laundering.
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Staff, Agents, and Clients wash their hands upon building entry and certify that they do not have symptoms, fever, or been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- A professional cleaning crew will come in once or twice per week depending on office traffic
- Staff will regularly wipe down common use surfaces (printers/copiers, reception counters, conference room desk tops, kitchen areas, door handles).
- Agents and staff must do their own dishes and clean up after themselves. Disinfectant will be available.
- Do not bring food from home to share.
- Coffee and water stations are closed.
- You will see signs throughout the building to promote distancing
- Signs will be posted to remind all about proper hygiene, social distancing, appropriate use of protective equipment, and cleaning and disinfecting. Locks are changed and after-hours access will be done via lockbox.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, managers will email or text (if indicated) the infected individual with a request for confirmation. If no confirmation, then follow-up phone call by a manager.
- If we receive verification that any agent, staff or manager has been shown to be COVID-19 positive, we will utilize sign in logs to notify those who may have been exposed and will advise the respective office agents, staff and management, while maintaining identity confidentiality.
- All agents and staff must sign in each day and certify.
- Sign in electronically or at the front desk. Clients Sign In
Real Estate Activity
Conduct in-person property showings while adhering to social distancing and required PPE safety guidelines. The following measures must be followed:
- Showings and open houses will only be allowed in unoccupied (e.g., current owner or lessee is not inside the property) or vacant properties;
- For all showings and open houses, Responsible Parties should limit the number of individuals viewing a property at any one time. If multiple parties (from different households) arrive for a showing at the same time, Responsible Parties should encourage those in line to wait outside until their turn.
- Appointments for showings should be scheduled in advance, when possible.
- Responsible Parties as well as all individuals (e.g. building inspectors / appraiser or potential buyer/lessee) visiting the property will be required to wear a face covering at all times, and Responsible Parties may choose to require gloves and shoe-covers to be worn;
- Responsible Parties should provide face coverings and gloves to prospective tenants and/or buyers, if necessary;
- Responsible Parties should advise prospective tenants/buyers to only touch essential surfaces (e.g. handrails going up/down stairs if necessary) during their time in the property. Other areas or surfaces such as cabinets, countertops, appliances etc. should not be touched by tenants/buyers.
- Responsible Parties must ensure employees, salespeople, agents and brokers clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces (e.g. handrails, doorknobs etc.) before and after every showing; and
- Responsible Parties must stagger showings in order to avoid the congregation of people outside and inside properties.
- Responsible Parties are encouraged not to show common building amenities in-person (e.g. gym, roof deck, pool).
- If the common areas mentioned above are shown, Responsible Parties must ensure that those areas are frequently cleaned and disinfected and appropriate social distancing of 6 feet is maintained for all parties at all times.
- Responsible Parties should encourage only one party (e.g. building inspector, home appraiser, prospective tenant/buyer, photographer, stager) to be allowed inside the property at a time. If more than one party is inside the property at the same time, 6 feet of distance must be maintained at all times between individuals, and face coverings must be worn.
- Responsible Parties and prospective tenants/buyers are encouraged not to bring young children or extraneous guests to property showings, when possible, or leave attended children outside.
- Responsible Parties should limit salespeople / brokers from driving in the same car with prospective tenants / buyers. If this cannot be avoided, face coverings must be worn by everyone in the vehicle and frequently touched areas of the vehicle should be cleaned and disinfected.
- Open houses must also only allow one party inside the property at a time.
- Responsible Parties are encouraged, but not required, to conduct remote walkthroughs rather than in-person walkthroughs (e.g. recorded/live video), where possible.