REALTOR REQUIREMENTS: 2.5 hours of Ethics Training every 3 years.
Continuing Education Requirements effective 7/1/21
22.5 hours of approved continuing education. Education must include at least:
- 5 hours on the subject of ethical business practices,
- 1 hour of recent legal matters,
- 3 hours of instruction pertaining to fair housing and
- 1 hour of instruction pertaining to the law of agency except in the case of the initial two-year licensing term for real estate salespersons, 2 hours of agency
- 15 hours of elective real estate instruction. This can include designations or certifications.
Related instruction must be completed within the two-year period immediately preceding a renewal.
Exemption: Attorneys admitted to the New York State bar remain exempted for the continuing education requirement.
Designations and Certifications
NYSAR Online Education
NYS Real Estate Education Foundation Scholarship
NYSAR offers education scholarships to complete designations. https://nysreef.org/